- Empty 5 litre plastic bottle of floor cleaner/ any other bottle
- Green acrylic paint, paintbrush, handful of grass, fevicol, artificial flowers for decoration, 3 tsp green colour glitter
- Knife and scissor to cut the bottle and a stick
- Food for the birds
- Wash the bottle thoroughly and let it completely dry.
- Using a knife and scissors, cut two big squares on opposite sides of the bottle as shown in the picture.
- Paint the bottle (three coats) with green acrylic colour. Let it dry completely.
- With the help of fevicol, paste the grass into the bottle. Also, paste the flowers and glitter on the bottle.
- Now, make a small hole on the opposite sides of the bottle. Put the stick from one side and take it out from other side.
- Put the bird food into the bottle.
- Hang the bird feeder with help of the rope in the balcony or on a tree as suitable.
Simple! Follow the steps suggested by Hiranya Gahlawat,
Class III, DAV Public School, Gurugram