Children First spoke to Dr. Kanav Anand, Consultant Pediatric Nephrologist & Child Specialist, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi to find out how to keep your Kidneys Healthy & Safe!!.
- He has given some tips which could be useful.
- If you spot any of these, tell your parent!
- Cloudy or reddish urine
- Needing to urinate more or less often (Normal frequency is 3-8 times per day)
- Poor flow of urine
- Pain or burning while urinating
- Frequent headaches
- Nausea or loss of appetite
- Persistent bony deformities
- Persistent low hemoglobin (low blood level)
Even better, prevent problems in the first place by
- Checking your Blood Pressure once a year
- Avoiding medicines (medicines could also harm your kidneys)
- Eating and drinking right!